All websites are not created equal
The trouble with bargain-basement websites is that there’s every chance you will get exactly what you pay for – not much. A huge amount of work goes into creating an effective website…
You need to make sure your website:
- Is visually appealing – but not just to you and your friends, it has to appeal to your target market.
- Is easy to use and navigate around.
- Has been designed by someone who knows what they are doing – if your web developer isn’t a professional graphic designer (or vice versa), you’ll need to use both.
- Is useful and informative for the visitor. Make your site a resource that visitors want to return to.
- A site that ranks highly in Search Engines, so you can be found!
- Features content that has been written professionally.
Remember: Content is King
The writing of promotional text (called copy) is a craft that uses specific formulas and techniques to carefully construct words, lines, phrases and paragraphs so they have a certain effect on the reader. Website copy is no exception.
- A professional copywriter will ensure that your website:
- Uses language that appeals to and is easily understood by your target market.
- Is written in a way that engages your reader and inspires them to act.
- Maintains your professional image by eliminating redundant phrases, poor grammar and spelling errors.
- Is linked to as many key words as possible to ensure Google findability.
The Main Event: Your Logo
And if you don’t already have a great logo, you need to get one before your website goes live. It needs to give your website the wow factor and instil a sense of “I need to talk to these guys” instantly!
Does your website tick all the boxes?
How do you measure the success of your website?
So that’s the Dish.
I am Belinda Bow
I love all things marketing and I thrive on seeing a business become re-energised and flourish. I am excited about life and I adore my family.
Within these articles, you’ll find some helpful tips and some real guidance to help you make the most of your business, and gain a good understanding of all things marketing.